Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let's Get Green...ish!

I'm not normally what you would think of as a "green mama" - I don't grow my own vegetables, buy organic, or drive a cute little hybrid box of a car - But I certainly do recycle more than I throw away, have one heck of an awesome compost pile (no, it's not in some pretty little decorative planter-box-thingy, it's just a pile as far away from our house as we could get it) and, probably most importantly, I worry about the world I'll be leaving my kids... And their kids... And theirs! To that end, I'm working diligently to do my part to protect Mother Earth and her inhabitants, and to teach my kids to do the same - Although they are often the ones teaching me! Everything that comes into our house comes with the question of how it can be recycled, reused or re-purposed... Which is awesome, awe-inspiring and, usually, migraine-inducing!

I'm still testing the waters and feeling my way through this whole Green thing, and I figure a lot of my friends are too, so I wanted to start this blog as a place to record my ideas, tests, trials, successes and failures as I work toward making my little corner of the world a better, more Greener place to live.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment