Sunday, July 7, 2013

gDiapers... Who knew?!

   I recently had a baby - my third - and automatically started using traditional disposable diapers. I've used darn near every brand out there, having greater success with some than with others, but always sticking to the disposables. When my other two kids were younger, I had several friends and (I'm sure) well-meaning strangers suggest that I try cloth diapers. While I could appreciate that this option wouldn't create land-fill waste, I couldn't get around the increased cost of them, let alone the increased water and electricity usage of having more frequent loads of laundry to run (both of my older kids went through diapers at a rather astounding rate). These same proponents of cloth diapers suggested using a diaper service, which was still more cost I couldn't afford. So we stuck with the disposables.

   Fast-forward 5 1/2 years: I'm about to have my third baby and, as a baby shower gift, I received a set of gDiapers.

   "Golly gee, Lydia, what are gDiapers?" you might find yourself asking.
   To which I'd answer: I sure am glad you asked! gDiapers are this nifty cross-over, hybrid disposable/cloth diaper thingamajig that's really quite brilliant, in my opinion. They consist of three parts: a cloth outer "gPants", a removable plastic inner lining, and a disposable/compostable/flushable insert. So even though I'm still, technically, using disposable diapers, what I'm disposing of is a biodegradable fluffed wood pulp insert. Everything else is washable and re-usable.

   I had a friend who is expecting her first baby up for dinner the other night and actually found myself showing off my daughter's diaper, talking about gDiapers, and demonstrating how it all goes together... o.0 Yes, really.

   In fact, here are some of my favorite pictures of Tempest rockin' her gDiapers!
"Genuine, Green, Groovy, Gorgeous, Giggle, Giddy, Grassroots, Growing, Grateful, Gazing" (that's what all those tiny little words on her diaper say...):

 Stylish green:
 And "pumpkin butt":


   I'm absolutely in love with this product, and it's definitely easing me gently into the world of Green Mommying, but why take my word for it? Check out gDiapers yourself! ;-)

/close sales pitch

No comments:

Post a Comment